Information Along the Route
Local museums, libraries, town halls, and historical societies in each of the byway towns are good places to find traveler information, brochures about the byway, and other traveler services such as restroom facilities.
Specific places include the following:
- Weare Public Library, off Route 114 in Weare Center, on Paige Memorial Lane: Closed Fridays and Sundays, and Saturdays during the summer.
- TriTown Chamber of Commerce (Goffstown, New Boston, Weare): Monday-Friday
- Weare Town Hall, 15 Flanders Memorial Road: Monday-Friday
- Goffstown Public Library, 2 High Street: Closed on Sundays, also on Saturdays during the summer
- Goffstown Town Hall, 16 Main Street: Monday-Friday
- Goffstown Historical Society, 18 Parker Station Road: Open Saturdays 1-4 PM mid-June to mid-October.
- New Boston Historical Society, 2 Central Square: Open Thursday afternoons (limited hours)
- New Boston Town Hall, 7 Meetinghouse Hill Road: Monday and Wednesday-Friday.
- Whipple Free Library, 67 Mont Vernon Road, New Boston: Monday, Wednesday-Saturday.
- Dunbarton Public Library, 1004 School Street: Closed Sundays and Mondays
- Dunbarton Town Hall, 1011 School Street: Monday-Friday
- Dunbarton Historical Society, 276 Stark Highway North: 2nd and 4th Saturday afternoons in July & August (limited hours)
Always check ahead for current hours and availability.
Links accurate as of 3/21/16
NH Chronicle (WMUR) Feature on GJSSB, 9/25/14
Union Leader Op-Ed on Byway, 10/6/14
John Clayton Column on Gen. Stark, 4/27/15